Please note that the mandatory device activation procedure requires an active Internet connection on your computer. Activating an Antelope Audio device offline is not possible. Your Edge Go Synergy Core must be activated online to work. This chapter contains the necessary instructions:
5. Click on Edge Go Synergy Core from the device list.
6. Download and install the Antelope Launcher application for Windows or macOS
7. Open the Antelope Launcher application and click on the 'Login' button Enter the email and password you used to login into the Antelope Audio user area and click 'Login'.
8. Click on 'Activate'.
After online activation is complete, please update the Edge Go Synergy Core to the latest bundle version available from the Antelope Launcher. To do this, simply open Antelope Launcher and click the 'Update' button below the 'Bundle Version' drop-down menu.
After the update is complete, you can proceed with the instructions for your operating system.
Configuring for Windows 10 Windows 10 needs a few tweaks to get the Edge Go Synergy Core up and running:
1. Right-click the speaker icon in the system tray and choose ‘Open Sound settings’.
2. Make sure the Edge Go Synergy Core is chosen under 'Output' and 'Input': • Under 'Output', the device should be listed as Edge Go SC USB Audio Driver Playback'. Note that this choice means you will only hear computer audio from the microphone's headphone output. If you use another audio device for listening, choose that one instead. • Under 'Input', the device should be listed as Edge Go SC USB Audio Driver Recording 1/2'.
3. Select the device and click Properties
Go to Advanced tab and make sure Default Format is set the same sample rate as your DAW,
For example if your DAW is at 48000 that would be 48KHz 2 Channels 24 bit.
Make sure you have selected 2 channels for Windows Audio Output settings of Default Format !
4. Enter the ‘Supported Formats’ tab and place checkmarks next to all the available sample rates except 32kHz.
5. Enter the ‘Enhancements’ tab and disable all enhancements.
6. Back in Sound settings, click 'Device Properties' under 'Input' and select the same sample rate for Default Format in Advanced Tab.
Then, click 'Additional Device Properties'. Enter the 'Enhancements' tab and disable all enhancements. Click 'OK' to close the window.
• If you are experiencing interruptions or failure when using your DAW and trying to playback audio from your OS at the same time, make sure that the device sample rate matches the one of your DAW session.
• In some cases, disabling the ‘Exclusive mode’ functionality from the ‘Advanced’ tabs might help when running multiple playback applications at the same time.
• Disabling the 32kHz sample rate isn’t mandatory, but it might help in general.
For further instructions and optimization please refer to this guide: Windows 10 Sound Settings and Optimization
Configuring for macOS (10.14 and later) The security settings in macOS (10.14 and later) may result in no input signal reaching your DAW, despite having everything set up correctly.
These steps apply when you are using the Edge Go Synergy Core in a DAW for the first time.
1. Launch your DAW and choose Edge Go Synergy Core as the input device. The following dialog box will appear (if using Ableton Live 10 Suite, for example):
2. Click 'OK' and your DAW should function normally.
However, if the events above did not occur for some reason, or you are using multiple DAWs, you must do a manual tweak for each in 'Security & Privacy' settings:
Click the 'Apple' symbol and choose 'System Preferences'. Head to the 'Security & Privacy' settings menu
Then Click the 'Privacy' tab. In the column on the left, choose ‘Microphone’. Make sure there's a checkmark next to any DAW you want to use.
You may have to click the padlock symbol in the bottom left corner and enter your password to make changes.
If you are using MacOS Big Sur you would need to follow this guide to install Antelope Unified driver correctly.
Please refer to this Playlist with video guidance on how to setup your Antelope Audio interface.
This guide shows how to setup your DAW with your Antelope device
Please follow one of the videos below for your desired DAW:
Guide for ProTools
Guide for Ableton Live 10
Guide for Studio One
Guide for Logic Pro X
Guide for Cubase 10